PDA

View Full Version : Bascom's Open House

GregMVT
04-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Hi,

Is anyone planning on going to Bascom's Open House May 4th? I am planning on being there and hope to run into some traders there. It was good meeting Chris, Russ and Matt last year. Will the Maple Guys be going to this too?

Greg

Russell Lampron
04-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Greg,

I will be going again this year. Matt will be going with me and possibly Marty (Gearpump). The Maple Guys are listed to do demonstrations so Chris will also be there.

Russ

royalmaple
04-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Russ you know better, marty is going to just give us the syrup to sell for him. He won't leave the house now!!!!

MaplePancakeMan
04-18-2007, 08:51 AM
I think i might take the trek up there, should be a good time. I got the flyer the other day, looked interesting.

gearpump
04-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Actually...I have a romantic weekend planned for my fiancee and myself next weekend by going to St. Albans for the Friday and Saturday open houses. So I will be going to Bascoms on Saturday not the Friday before. She has mentioned that she is going to hold tight on my reins and not let me get out of control spending all the "profit"!!! Gotta love that!!!

Marty

powerdub
04-18-2007, 06:24 PM
I am planning on going Saturday as well. As long as the wife does'nt buy a new camper this weekend and makes me go get it that is.

Al
04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey Marty let me know when your in town. My boy's and I are hitting the open houses on Saturday. We're only 12 miles from St. Albans. The rest of the weekend I'm volunteering at the festival.
Take care,

royalmaple
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Marty-

Must be nice to have profit to spend. I think that may come my way in 2020.

maple flats
04-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Still thinking about going but would only be Sat if I make the trip. I am already signed up for a 2 day logger training called The Game of Logging during May so my time might be a little tight because I also have to fertilize and do some cleanup work in my blueberry fields during May also along with my regular job and plant another acre of berries.

maple flats
04-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I mentioned that I was thinking about going to my wife and she immediately said we could make a weekend of it. Now we need to find coverage for watching the live in total care clients who live with us. One of my daughters (who is a nurse) said she could help but needed part of the day Sat because she had to go to her husband's grandmother's buriel. I spoke to my one of my sons who also covers and he has plans for most of that Sat. Now we have to get times to see if this can be worked out. My daughter didn't have the buriel time detail and my son needs to be somewhere from about noon on. He could however cover Fri eve for us to have travel time and Sunday til whenever we returned. I'm still not sure if we can work it out.

maple flats
04-21-2007, 04:49 PM
If we can work it out, does anyone have the brochure that they could scan and email it to me. When I got mine I didn't think I could go so it went in the trash, now I need some info off it. Or can someone help with lodging? I would be coming in from Central New York State by way of Albany and then likely to VT7 across and up InterState 91. I would like to make reservations within about 10 miles max of Bascom's, preferably less. Can you give me the names of some nice hotels/motels near there? Please include the city so I can look it up.

mcmp
04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
If we can work it out, does anyone have the brochure that they could scan and email it to me. When I got mine I didn't think I could go so it went in the trash, now I need some info off it. Or can someone help with lodging? I would be coming in from Central New York State by way of Albany and then likely to VT7 across and up InterState 91. I would like to make reservations within about 10 miles max of Bascom's, preferably less. Can you give me the names of some nice hotels/motels near there? Please include the city so I can look it up.

I have stayed at the Old Howard Johnsons, Now a Holiday Inn Express in Springfield, Vt. Its no more than 15 minutes to Bascoms. Its right at I-91 off ramp for Springfield.

Paul

Paul

maple flats
04-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Paul, if we get things lined up to go we will try them. First we need to get coverage for a few hours that are still open.
Dave

royalmaple
04-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Dave-

Do you still need a copy of the flier?

maple flats
04-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Yes please. Thanks
Dave

softmaple
04-22-2007, 07:27 PM
look at bruces corner it has all the times of the events

Dave Y
04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
just curious isn't Goodrich's open house the same weekend?

Russell Lampron
04-23-2007, 05:23 AM
Yes Goodriches open house is the same weekend. Glens is 9 to 4 and Bascom's is 8 to 4.

Russ

Maplewalnut
04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Does Goodriches have a web page? Where is it located?

GregMVT
04-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Goodriches is in Cabot, VT. Here's the link http://www.goodrichmaplefarm.com/

Greg

JasonS
04-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm thinking about making the trip up from CT on Friday. It's only 3 1/2 hours so I can do it all in one day. Seems like there will be alot of interesting classes. Plus I'm all out of pan cleaner (UPS wont ship it)

Jason

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Jason,

Vinegar works about as good and there is no danger of pan damage or chemicals that could make someone sick.

maple flats
04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
We have now gotten coverage at home and my wife and I will be attending Bascom's Sat only. Now we need to find lodging. We would come thru Bennington, VT across to I 91 north and then to Bascoms. I looked at a Holiday inn Exp in Springfield but they look like I am going north and then coming south to Bascoms. Can anyone suggest some decent ones for us to try that might be on the route I mentioned and be fairly close to Alstead, NH?
Thanks
Dave

powerdub
04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
At the most you are only 15 minutes away from Bascom's from the Holiday inn. I don't think you will get any closer than that. If you want, we can arrange a time to meet and I will lead you right there in the morning.

maple flats
04-27-2007, 05:09 AM
My daughter made arrangements at a place called Everyday Inn in Bellows Falls, if anyone knows this not to be a good choice let me know and we can try to change it. This is supposed to be about 7 miles from Alstead on Rt 123. The Inn is on US 5.
Dave

softmaple
04-27-2007, 07:07 AM
bellows falls is a lot futher away from bascoms then springfield is. springfield is the better choice. just cross the charlestown bridge and its real quick up the hills and more direct.

325abn
04-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Never stayed at the everyday inn but I do drive by it often and from the outside it does not look to bad.

powerdub
04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Springfield is closer to Bascom's. If it were me I would hit rt. 7 in Bennington and go to rt. 11 and stay on 11 right to Springfield.

John Burton
04-27-2007, 11:47 AM
any body planning on using rt 31 through washington nh should check nh dots website to make sure its going to be open ther were 20 or so miles washed out by the flood and im not sure how much they have repaired yet

Sugarmaker
04-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Every syrup season I see one of the sap buckets that was stenciled with "Charles ..... Bellows Falls". Never knew where it was. I bought the buckets used from about 30 miles east of me.

Sugarmaker