PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise metal

palmer4th
03-25-2017, 08:47 PM
What's the deal with their evaporators? They have a great looking catalog. But I have only watched one youtube clip of one of their setups. Who on here is running one and how do you like it? Their gph seem high but I know it's larger flues. Anyways just looking for some good reviews

Aa2tn
03-25-2017, 10:23 PM
I have their JDL extreme in a 2 x 6, with a preheater and hood. I saw the Jamie Jones video and talked with another guy who had one before making my decision. I could not be happier with it!!! We get between 40 and 43 gallons an hour with so so wood and no timer to fire on. I know we could do 50 gallons an hour if we tried hard enough. I went down there and picked it up myself and got the grand tour. Super nice people, I have no regrets. I had a great price on a leader revolution 2x6 but the pan design on the Sunrise just made more sense to me (nothing against Leader, great company) so that was the way we went. .....

wlatrout
03-26-2017, 07:18 AM
I live about 15 miles from Sunrise Metals so am down there several times in the spring to pick up supplies.

They are very helpful and are always willing to answer any questions. There products are very well designed and user friendly.

Don't think you could go wrong with there products.

Ptim
03-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Purchased a 2x8 panther with blower, hood (no preheater) very happy with it. Getting 50-55 gph with dry wood. Great people, took the tour of the shop, very helpful. If I upgrade i will purchase another evaporator from them!

grapestomper
03-27-2017, 12:36 PM
I have the sunrise spitfire. 2x4
My wood isn't the greatest this year but get about 18 gallons/hr. Just working the bugs out of it so I know I will do better.
Quality is very good. Looks like it will last me a long time.

madmapler
03-27-2017, 12:59 PM
I bought a front pan and floatbox from them for my old evaporator. Great quality and great price.

nekgsa
03-27-2017, 05:25 PM
I have a 2 x 6 JDL Extreme with a hood, preheater and blower. I've used it for two seasons and have nothing but good things to say about it. This year i checked GPH while keeping the stack temp less than 800 degree F and was at 50 GPH of evaporation. Great craftsmanship, great people to work with and an affordable price.

Wise Maple
03-27-2017, 06:21 PM
We have a 2.5x8 Extreme pan with sap raider to pre heat we run close to 150 gph , also took a tour of shop , very nice people.

xyz5150
03-27-2017, 07:53 PM
As a dealer I can tell you the guys and gals at Sunrise will appreciate hearing good honest evaporation rates from their customers who have Sunrise Evaporators. You will not meet a more humble, honest, hard working bunch than the crew at Sunrise. Great people and even though they are newcomers in the maple equipment industry compared to the big three ( 40+ years building maple equipment ) they have generations of experience of making maple syrup and equipment for their own use.

bmbmkr
03-28-2017, 11:42 PM
I met Mr. & Mrs. Kuhns at the Eastern Kentucky Maple school back in December, helped them unload and load their 2x6 Maxi Flame that they brought to display. Mr. Kuhns took me all through the arch and evaporator, ( I'm a rookie, this was the first real rig I'd ever seen). e told me about a customer who bought an evaporator, and could not get the advertised gph. Mr. Kuhns and his son went to his sugar house, 3 hours away, and diagnosed and corrected the cause. Wood was too wet and too short. It was a treat for me to see the design of their pans, the same side reverse, the internal plumbing. He told me about their new model with two fireboxes. He was passionate about their products and craftsmanship. For what it's worth, I was duly impressed. I will be purchasing my upgrade from him in 4years.

Moser's Maple
04-05-2017, 08:53 PM
I can't speak for their evaporator, but I do love my candy/cream machine. The service and support has been great with fine tuning the machine to my liking. Great people to deal with, actually so great I'm going to be working with them to create a users manual for the machine.

https://youtu.be/tTvzTFb8UTo

Urban Sugarmaker
04-05-2017, 08:59 PM
I can't speak for their evaporator, but I do love my candy/cream machine. The service and support has been great with fine tuning the machine to my liking. Great people to deal with, actually so great I'm going to be working with them to create a users manual for the machine.

https://youtu.be/tTvzTFb8UTo

Looks like it also does cream. Seems like you can't go wrong with this machine.