PDA

View Full Version : Niter trap

cbmapleguy
03-24-2017, 10:12 AM
I came across a niter trap last week on the web, but I can't remember where I saw it. It was essentially tall narrow tank / pan between the flue and the front pans to catch niter and keep it from entering the front pans. Anyone see this before or use one before?

Clinkis
03-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Nitre mainly forms in your front syrup pan when the minerials reach high enough density to precipitate out so I don't see how this would really help much.

cbmapleguy
03-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Maybe it was connected between the 2 front pans. I just forget and I can't seem find it again on the web.

Daveg
03-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Click the "History" icon on your computer's search bar and go back to the approximate days you saw it and you'll find it pronto. Then post a link here, especially if it has pictures or specs. I have niter coming out of my ears!

GeneralStark
03-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Nitre mainly forms in your front syrup pan when the minerials reach high enough density to precipitate out so I don't see how this would really help much.

That would depend on what you're concentrating to if using an ro.

wiam
03-24-2017, 02:41 PM
That would depend on what you're concentrating to if using an ro.

Agree General. Glenn Goodrich has a T with a ball valve that drops straight down between front and back. Guessing a foot of 2" pipe. I have seen him drain a bunch of flake niter out there.

Sunnyacres
03-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Just saw the same thing yesterday on a mapleguys you tube video on their new lapierre boiler. Was between flue pan and syrup pan. Worth watching video.

cbmapleguy
03-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Just saw the same thing yesterday on a mapleguys you tube video on their new lapierre boiler. Was between flue pan and syrup pan. Worth watching video.

Can you paste the link?

Sunnyacres
03-26-2017, 03:01 PM
https://youtu.be/VTitpYs4bqE