PDA

View Full Version : stainless prices

WF MASON
04-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm sure most have heard about the price of stainless going up in the past year, I haul my stainless scrap to the scrap yard spring and fall each year, back in September the price was .25 cents a pound which was the most I had ever gotten, over the years it always brought .15-.18 cents lb., hauled in a load friday and got $1.10 lb. , no surprize the sheet prices have almost doubled in the past year.

ibby458
04-17-2007, 06:02 AM
That would explain why stainless on eBay got so dear. Wish our local yard would pay that much. I got a bunch of 1-1/2 heavy wall pipe I would part with, if the price was right.

WF MASON
04-18-2007, 04:06 AM
Ibby, one thing about it , the price will never go down , just like fuel, it will stay where it is and keep creeping up. Just stash your stainless pipe and every time you find a piece of stainless add it to your collection, one day you'll have some cash there.

ibby458
04-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Actually, I think it will go back down (copper did!), but not to the level it was before.

That's one of the things I like about stainless. I just chuck it into a pile outdoors and it stays in great shape. Maybe someday I'll run into someone that needs 100' of schedule 10 unpolished stainless.

Fred Henderson
04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
If I got to work with and weld steel let it be SS.