PDA

View Full Version : water left in laterals

The Sappy Steamer
04-15-2007, 07:14 AM
This is my first year on tubing and I still have some questions. I washed the lines with hydrogen peroxide, then flushed with plenty of fresh water. I went to every tap and made sure my drops were all empty of water. I did notice that water sits in the loops at my saddle fittings. Do I need to go from tap to tap with my air compressor hose and blow out each lateral? Won't water left in the line create a good environment for bacteria even with everything capped off? I wouldn't think the water could evaporate. I don't think I can get to all the lines with a air hose, not to mention it being a pain in the butt to do. Thanks ,as always, for any input.
Dan

802maple
04-15-2007, 07:57 AM
As long as you are confident that you have rinsed them well don't worry about it, they will be fine

maple flats
04-15-2007, 08:30 AM
No you do not need to. In fact the idea of the peroxide is that you do not even need to rinse because anything that remains quickly breaks down into water and oxygen, no salts. But do drain any excess even thou not necessary to get every last bit of liquid. You will like the results. I only had 1 chew mark last year by using this method.

The Sappy Steamer
04-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Thanks guys. I wasn't exactly looking forward to going from tap to tap again. We made quite a project out of cleaning the stuff, being our first year and all. We experimented with several different methods and finally found a pretty streamline way of doing it for our set up. That was after taking about four laps around the place. I was working with my boy who is a wonderful help to me, but he's deaf, so he could only save me covering ground where he could see me. Which is tough on the hills. I'm sure we'll be running water though the lines again before next season,so we'll forget it for now and check it in the warm weather.
Dan