PDA

View Full Version : Still Sugaring.

Justin Turco
04-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey check this out. My sugaring partner who is now living in Reno, made this little website for me.

WWW.VERMONTFANCY.COM

Well,... HMMM. I guess you wont be able to just click on it. But check it out later. Can you believe it...we're still boiling. Tubing is not running well but the buckets are still working pretty good. YaaaHoooo!!

maplehound
04-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Cool web site!!!!!!!!!! I have thought about trying to set one up, but I am not sure how. Are you eventually going to be selling syrup on it?

Sugarmaker
04-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Justin,
Nice pictures and I like the booths! Great suraghouse. Lot of work and pride in there.

Regards,
Chris

HanginAround
04-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Nice pics and nice building. I love the booths.

andyp
04-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Justin nice sugar house professional grade.
Andyp

Justin Turco
04-14-2007, 11:08 PM
All done for tonight. Made maybe 2.5 gal of Medium or more likely, Dark Amber. I have not been living up to the name of the website...but sure have been trying. I don't think my freind paid much to get that name. I am not sure how much trouble he had putting the pictures in. Someday I would like to sell a little syrup there. Thanks for your responses.

3% Solution
04-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey Justin,
Excellent, excellent, man is that nice!!!!
You know that is what I like to see, a nice (or relatively so) clean sugar house.
Those benches and the brick work, wow!!
Your making food, it needs to be clean.
And I see the mrs's or S.O. is there too. i think that is important to have the wife or S.O. there with you. Always enjoy my wife being out there with me!

Dave

sapman
04-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Justin,

Really nice! Just showed my wife, and now she wants booths in our sugarhouse, as we often eat out there. It's usually cold out there, though, since we switched to oil.

Tim

maple flats
04-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Justin, that is super. Nice set up. I really like the booths, so much so that I now plan on making 2 or 3 in my sugarhouse. Do you have the dimentions you used for the benches and would you share them? I showed my wife and she suggested i make the tops from maple and put a sugaring theme picture on the tops, under the finish. Your set up looks really good.

Justin Turco
04-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey Everybody,

To build the benches, I made a cardboard pattern of the face that you can see in the pictures. If you can get one half of the seat the way you like it then just fold it over and trace the shape for the other seat. You'll have yourself a big template. In my situation each bench uses an inner (which is screwed to the wall) and outer (the face that you can see) They are identical. Then you just have to connect the two halfs with the boards for the backrest and seat . I glued and sheetrock screwed everything I could. (2.5" long sheetrock type screws) Predrill the holes for these screws so your wood doesn't crack. (You could save yourself some time if you just mounted some strips of wood to your wall: A horizontal strip for the seat and a semi verticle strip for the seat back then just connect the outer face to these strips with your seat and seatback boards.)

Some dimensions: Tables are 32 high X 22 wide (Note: the wider you go, the more leg room you'll have underneath. In my case the tables are lagbolted to the wall from the outside. Then I made some little braces out of angle iron which angle up from the wall in a "V" and attach to the bottom of the table. Seat is 19 off the floor at the rear and 19.5 under your legs in the front. They feel good to me. I'm a short guy though. I screwed some pressure treated strips of wood under the legs so the bottoms don't rot. We spray the floor down at the end of the night.

THE BENCHES TRANSFORMED OUR SUGARHOUSE INTO SOMETHING THAT MY FAMILY AND FREINDS CAN REALLY ENJOY. You'll still find yourself alone after 10 pm every night, but...the benches are worth the trouble.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Justin,

Put your website link in your signature so more people can enjoy it in the future! Very nice setup with everything including tables and benches.

TapME
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
My wife says that we have to have one that like yours. Thinking of making a sugar house for a new evap. She likes the wood shed side were we can sell wreaths for Christmas. Do you have the foot print size? and are you willing to give it up?

the old guy
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
What A Great Sugarhouse Justin! Nice Pics.

The Old Guy

Breezy Lane Sugarworks
04-16-2007, 05:09 AM
You better get a patent on that pretty quick!! LOL

jdj
04-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Justin,
You have an awesome sugarhouse. Keep up the good work!