PDA

View Full Version : The Ontario Maple Syrup Production Reports

Run Forest Run!
03-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Here is the link to the 'Ontario Maple Syrup Production Reports'. It's usually updated weekly. I thought it would be helpful if it had its own thread for quick reference.

https://onmaplesyrup.wordpress.com

Run Forest Run!
03-24-2017, 11:08 PM
There is a new syrup update today.

Mitchman
03-30-2017, 03:45 PM
Hi Karen!!!! Glad to see your still at it!!!! To much going on this season so we are taken it off:o Mitchman

Lespetras
03-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Hi Karen,
Thanks for info. Interesting on the funding for valid maple farming. Also our season in Kingston area I believe won't be for much longer.. seems like prince Edward County is already finishing up

Run Forest Run!
03-30-2017, 06:16 PM
Leslie, looks like you've got respectable numbers again this year with more than 1L per tap so far. That's wonderful! If I hadn't rolled the dice and tapped a month earlier than 'normal' I'd be in real trouble. This year has not been great and, like you, I don't see hope for much more sap. A strange season for sure.

Lespetras
03-31-2017, 08:31 AM
Thx Karen,

How about your trees? I think your seasons a bit later than mine?
We are wrapping it up today. I could eat my words but our trees are not giving much despite good temps.

Run Forest Run!
03-31-2017, 01:28 PM
I haven't tapped the sugars down the street - I had been waiting until mid March to do those ones. I tapped my soft maples in February when we had the great run of warmer weather. I was going to do the sugars at the traditional time in case the early tapping was a mistake. But, it seems that it might not be worth putting spiles in the sugars as tapping weather from mid-late March has been a bust and April is looking worse. I've got close to 10L of syrup made and I'll be shocked if I'm able to squeak out much more. I'm thankful that I tapped in February instead of waiting until now. At least I've got something to show for the season. :)

Galena
03-31-2017, 02:01 PM
Hmmm well traditionally April is the sap tsunami season here, so not pullin the spiles yet. 46l over last two days, and weather improving by Sunday.

Lespetras
03-31-2017, 02:13 PM
I haven't tapped the sugars down the street - I had been waiting until mid March to do those ones. I tapped my soft maples in February when we had the great run of warmer weather. I was going to do the sugars at the traditional time in case the early tapping was a mistake. But, it seems that it might not be worth putting spiles in the sugars as tapping weather from mid-late March has been a bust and April is looking worse. I've got close to 10L of syrup made and I'll be shocked if I'm able to squeak out much more. I'm thankful that I tapped in February instead of waiting until now. At least I've got something to show for the season. :)
That's not a bad yield Karen so far, your trees may go longer yet, if my memory serves me correctly, your season starts and finishes later.. don't give up on them yet

Run Forest Run!
03-09-2018, 02:30 PM
The new syrup report is out for the week. It looks like they echo the fact that those of you in the eastern counties have been blessed with an early and very productive start! I expect to see some record number for you guys this year if this keeps up.

https://onmaplesyrup.wordpress.com/2018/03/09/ontario-maple-syrup-production-report-march-9-2018/#more-2803

Run Forest Run!
03-23-2018, 07:33 PM
The latest syrup report is out.

https://onmaplesyrup.wordpress.com/2018/03/23/ontario-maple-syrup-production-report-for-march-23-2018/#more-2809

Run Forest Run!
04-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Another report:

https://onmaplesyrup.wordpress.com/2018/04/19/ontario-maple-syrup-production-report-april-19-2018/#more-2820

Dlee
04-20-2018, 06:23 PM
Well I was going to pack it in a week ago but I didn't I did pull all my buckets but left my 3/16 lines up went out this morning just to check it out and wow 5 totes running over the top. Well I guess you know what happened next lol. Got about 120 gal from them today and still running good I just couldn't see pouring it out so am at it again. This will be it for sure after this weekend because I will pull them to so no more temptation.:lol:

Run Forest Run!
04-20-2018, 06:51 PM
That's fabulous Dlee. I collected 72L today and will be closing in on 200L to boil tomorrow with what's in storage. This is the most I've had all season so far.

Dlee
04-21-2018, 07:37 PM
Yes was a good haul for me got about another 160 gal will finish off boiling tomorrow and pull the plug so I'm not tempted any more lol. They all thought I have lost it as I was going to or was suppose to pack it in 2 wk ago but here I am still at it, what else is there for me to do but make some more golden syrup looks like this batch is going to be much darker than the rest. Its the best run for me to Karen happy boiling