PDA

View Full Version : Insulation board

Diesel Pro
03-11-2017, 12:03 PM
I have a WesFab simple evaporator. It uses some sort of a light weight insulation board and then fire brick over a bunch of it. I recently transported it home for some welding repairs and a bunch of this board disintegrated so I need to replace it. Looking for suggestions on what to ask for at a typical supply store like Menards rather than make the trek back to the supply shop.

psparr
03-11-2017, 12:16 PM
They won't have it. Roxul will be the closest thing, but it's thick and won't last long.

acafro
03-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Don't waste your time and money on roxul, tried it, not worth it. It didn't do nearly enough insulating and just fell apart.

You're probably going to have to head back to the supply shop... or have it shipped. Don't buy something twice...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Diesel Pro
03-12-2017, 08:03 PM
I made the call to a supply shop that is closer to my bush. Hopefully they keep the stuff on hand.

Diesel Pro
03-17-2017, 12:38 PM
OK they call it arch board. The stuff that I had was more paper soft crete like. What I got to replace it was more fiberglass like. The area in question is up beyond the fire box, but I wonder if I need to do anything to protect it? The unit sees weather when stored, but is covered.

Dale Sparrow
03-17-2017, 01:15 PM
I used some stuff called Kaowool board that is a lot like what you described had been in there originally.