PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum pump question.

Gratefulmaple
03-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I've been looking for a vacuum pump and a friend has a pump that he salvaged. I know the brand of pump but no model number or anything like that. No known cfms or anything like that. He wants almost nothing for it. This is the only plate I could find on it 15914 Any thoughts? If I can't figure out the model is there any way to figure out the cfm? From what I've seen from my searching last night most of these are high vacuum pumps.

GeneralStark
03-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Those Welch duo-seal pumps were/are generally used for lab applications so probably not very high CFM. What size motor is running it? How many taps you looking to put on it?

Gratefulmaple
03-07-2017, 09:17 PM
I've got a few different places I've been looking at doing vacuum and they all have different number of taps. The electric motor is shot had it plugged in at his shop and the motor had an electric burnt smell so we shut it off. I'm just wondering if it would be worth anything for syrup.

BAP
03-08-2017, 05:09 AM
If the motor is shot, I would keep looking for a pump. Most likely you could buy a good working Gast vacuum pump off EBay for what a new motor would cost.