PDA

View Full Version : Upstate NY windstorm storm

highlandcattle
03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Just lost a backyard pine to the high winds going through. 2 sections of stockade fencing gone. How's everyone else doing?!?!

stewardsdairy
03-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Afraid to go to the woods to look. Had a lot of branches and tops down after the last storm and had to fix several laterals and one mainline had the high tensile end bolt snap which was a pain to fix. Will see what damage I have after school today.

mudr
03-02-2017, 10:49 AM
I'm nervous about heading out to the woods, I hope my lines did not get damaged. The peak gust at Rochester last night was 64 mph. I'm boiling outside again this year, my temporary shack sustained some damage but the evaporator was not hurt, thankfully.

Run Forest Run!
03-02-2017, 11:11 AM
The winds here in the Greater Toronto Area were unreal last night too. I haven't been able to go out and check on my buckets yet. I'm just glad that I left sap in them yesterday afternoon to give the some much-needed weight. It was intense at times last night.

MapleMark753
03-02-2017, 02:56 PM
We did OK, just lost power for about 8 hours or so. Had three trees get blown over.:cry: However none of them were any variety of our maples. :D Tanks blown around, bags blown down, but no real damage and thankful for that. I don't know how hard it blew but it had to be over 50 or so. Its sort of funny, the town people I am friendly with just said it was a little breezy last night but that's it. I guess we're in more open space in the country where it can get, well, y'all know...

mudr
03-02-2017, 04:15 PM
We did OK, just lost power for about 8 hours or so. Had three trees get blown over.:cry: However none of them were any variety of our maples. :D Tanks blown around, bags blown down, but no real damage and thankful for that. I don't know how hard it blew but it had to be over 50 or so. Its sort of funny, the town people I am friendly with just said it was a little breezy last night but that's it. I guess we're in more open space in the country where it can get, well, y'all know...

I was really surprised that I didn't see any damage on my way in to Brockport today. That wind was whipping here, but as you said, in the country. I have 150 acres of open fields behind my house.

maple flats
03-02-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm going to check the woods on Sat, will be below freezing thru then. Tomorrow, with frozen ground, I'm loading my tractor on my gooseneck trailer and going up to the lease I'm selling to another producer. There I'll get my Alamo 75 and my releaser to use at my other lease. The tubing and tank will be going to the new guy.
I'll service the 75 and then it will replace a 30. Will need a new moisture trap when I make the change.

Wanabe1972
03-02-2017, 07:26 PM
I dont even want to look but will walk the lines in the morning when i get out of work. Everything is good at home but the 100 tap woods is not mine and really is not thinned the way it should be. As long as the sap ladders are not damaged i should be good. I had a 5 gallon bucket on my smoke stack and i noticed that is no longer with us.

sugarman3
03-03-2017, 05:22 AM
Amost afraid to look,lost 4 taps last wind store,2 trees blew over,picked limbs off lines just along roadside what I could see from road,more wind coming in tonight again,will wait till sunday,got to can up 50 gallons syrup,make 30 lbs cream and 15 lbs candy,glad its going to be cold,plus drain evaporator,so flue pan won't freeze solid and bust with temps near 0 a couple nights