PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ?

supersapper
03-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Do flue pans have flues across the full width? Are there dividers in them or are they just a big open pan?:confused:

Sugarmaker
03-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Flues run front to back of the pan and generally come to with 4 inches of the pan sides, so that the pan can set on the arch. There are no dividers in the flues. But there are many variations of flue designs.
Regards,
Chris

maple flats
03-02-2017, 10:33 AM
All 3 of the flue pans I've had over the years had flues front to back and they had a center partition so the sap in entered at one front corner and traveled to the rear, then crossed to the other side and flowed to the front where it then exited to the syrup pan. @ of them were reversible but my current one is not. However the front pan is. The first flue pan was a drop flue and it had flues starting just in a little from the side rail of the arch. My 2 others were raised flue and both started closer to the side rail but not over it.

bstewar
03-02-2017, 10:38 AM
My 4' drop flue pan has 10 flues with two partitions. Sap enters, flows from the back to the front (towards syrup pan) then back towards the stack and back again to the syrup pan.

supersapper
03-02-2017, 01:03 PM
That is what I thought but i saw a picture of one and it had flues only in the middle.