PDA

View Full Version : Semi Trash Pump Issues

TradeRiver
02-27-2017, 09:08 PM
I have a new 2" semi trash pump with a Honda motor. I am having a hard time getting it to start pumping. I'm wondering if it's my situation. I have a large plastic tank on a trailer and my pump sits on the ground. So the suction pump goes up and into the tank. I have 50' of hose out and then up to my head tank which is 12' high. I can't get it to hold its prime.

Is it because of how high I'm trying to push the sap?

wiam
02-27-2017, 09:14 PM
I have a new 2" semi trash pump with a Honda motor. I am having a hard time getting it to start pumping. I'm wondering if it's my situation. I have a large plastic tank on a trailer and my pump sits on the ground. So the suction pump goes up and into the tank. I have 50' of hose out and then up to my head tank which is 12' high. I can't get it to hold its prime.

Is it because of how high I'm trying to push the sap?

Should not be the height you are pushing. Sounds like a leak in your suction line.

mellondome
02-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Are you pullong out the top of the trailer tank? If so, it will take a little time to draw the sap up over the top... especially if the tank isnt full.

motowbrowne
02-28-2017, 07:37 AM
Should not be the height you are pushing. Sounds like a leak in your suction line.

That's what it sounds like to me also. Try to track down the leak, and also try running at a lower throttle until everything is working.

Cedar Eater
02-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Could your suction line be collapsing?

harrison6jd
03-01-2017, 06:36 AM
dont be insulted but are the lines plumbed correctly? one year, i hooked up the lines in reverse.i wont do that again.

nymapleguy607
03-01-2017, 07:32 AM
Stupid question but you are priming the pump correct? On my transfer pump, if there is any air in the pump it will not prime.

WESTMAPLES
03-01-2017, 08:25 AM
i have 3 honda water pumps 1 1/2, 2 , 4 inch . before firing any one of them up i will pour 2 -5 gals of water or sap into the pump housing, make sure the suction line is tight, fire up the pump at low rpm`s till it starts flowing then throttle up from there, that pump should easily be able to pump to 15-20 ft . sucking air and high rpm`s from the start will cause the pump to loose prime or not pull in fluid well.