PDA

View Full Version : Good Colleges?

RyanMay
02-26-2017, 09:17 PM
My niece will be passing out of high school this year. She told us last week that she would like to be a coder. I asked her what she was particularly interested about and she told me that she wanted to be a mobile app developer. She said that she wanted to do a mobile app development course, like this one I found online ( http://www.cestarcollege.com/courses/technology/mobile-application-developer/ ). She is currently searching for good colleges on her own but I just thought that I might help her a bit to make it easier for her. Do any of you folks know about any good colleges that offer courses like mobile app development? She is mostly interested in studying in Toronto or New York. It would be great if you guys could suggest some good colleges.

gmc8757
02-26-2017, 09:39 PM
RIT in Rochester. Great school for that field, in NY but somewhat close to Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudr
02-27-2017, 04:52 AM
RIT is a great school and I'm sure it has a good computer science/coding program. That said- I don't know why anyone in NY goes to a private school for their undergraduate degree. Masters and PhD, sure, consider private. But for an undergrad the value that can be had at the SUNY system is phenomenal. I'm sure buff state, one of the larger SUNY schools, has a computer science program and is 45 min from toronto. Brockport has a good but smaller computer science program and is probably 2 hr from Toronto if you want a weekend trip. There is also Geneseo and Fredonia out on the west end of the state here and are one of the mid-sized SUNY schools.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

grizzlym
03-03-2017, 08:49 AM
I have to agree with the other two posts. RIT all the way for anything computer but bring your checkbook. My son is on his third year there. Perfect fit for him. My second son will graduate high school this year. He plans on going to UB on the states STEM grant. If it wasn't for that he would also be going to RIT. Good luck to her regardless of where she decides to go.