PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all

LittleGuy
04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I himmed and haa'ed over making maple spread, finially I said the heck with it, I'll giver a shot.
**** that was easy.:)
Boiled the syrup to +22, put it immediately into the freezer. After 5 hours, I removed from the freezer and let sit for 2 hours to come to room temp.
Got the cordless out, attached a blender blade, (Thanks ennismaple for the idea about removing 2 blades, it works wonderfully) and proceeded to sit for the long haul. About 15 min in I stop for a break long enough to put a pot of coffee on.:) Then right back at it. Took about 25 min, and I thought it was done. Didn't quite have the whitish tinge, but it looked real good and tasted great, Then within 1 min POOF out pops that beautiful cream colour, and the taste is simply awesome.
Why did you guy's not talk me into doing this before.LOL:)

Pic of the end result.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/FishingFreak/DSC01616.jpg

ennismaple
04-09-2007, 09:16 AM
That's the stuff! A variable speed drill sure beats killing your arms and shoulders stirring with a wooden spoon!

I made another 18 - 250 gram tubs last night. Once I get the temp just right when boiling I can almost set my watch by how long it takes to turn colour and set.

LittleGuy
04-09-2007, 10:27 AM
My batch filled 12 190ml jars, with enough left over to keep me going for a couple days.

Gonna see how I make out with this batch before I ake any more.