PDA

View Full Version : CT Warm up, pull the sweet from the pans?

BSD
02-21-2017, 03:19 PM
with the forecast being what it is this week would you guys pull the sweet out of the pans?

I'm new to the continuous pans, so i'm still learning. I have it covered up and plan on boiling today's run tomorrow, but what about long term? If i have to pull my sweet, i'm looking at storing 75-80 gallons and chilling it somehow? perhaps i can store half of it? either way it's a lot.

Mike Van
02-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Just a few thoughts Matt - Because it's been boiled already, any bacteria in it is gone [for now] a few days from now, maybe fire up & get it close to boil again, kill anything that might start? Easier than draining, cleaning the pans & trying to find an 75 gal refridgerator. I don't think the big operators drain once they start up.

BSD
02-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Just a few thoughts Matt - Because it's been boiled already, any bacteria in it is gone [for now] a few days from now, maybe fire up & get it close to boil again, kill anything that might start? Easier than draining, cleaning the pans & trying to find an 75 gal refridgerator. I don't think the big operators drain once they start up.i'll cook down what i got yesterday and today (not much, only 125 gallons). i was really hoping for 200-250. I do have a 65 gallon stock tank i could bury in a snow bank, that might be a good option, that would give me chance to make some small modifications to my pans as well.