PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Mitchhorne8
02-20-2017, 05:50 PM
We had a big family vacation planned out March 1 to 12th. But with sap flowing should I go or cancel? I can't imagine that this it for maple season. Oh and I'm located just south of Montreal.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

motowbrowne
02-20-2017, 06:14 PM
None of us can answer that for you. At least not with the information we have. I mean, is maple syrup your primary income source? Will your family starve if you don't do well this season?

Assuming that the above scenario isn't the case, I'd go on vacation. There should be plenty of the season left when you get back. Of course, there might not be, but you only get one chance to go on this vacation with them.

Mitchhorne8
02-20-2017, 06:52 PM
None of us can answer that for you. At least not with the information we have. I mean, is maple syrup your primary income source? Will your family starve if you don't do well this season?

Assuming that the above scenario isn't the case, I'd go on vacation. There should be plenty of the season left when you get back. Of course, there might not be, but you only get one chance to go on this vacation with them.
Although it is not my primary income. It was my 1season with an real evaporator, tubing and vacuum. Jumped from 70 taps to 450 this year. I have invested a lot in this yr but my wife is very excited about this trip. Weather looks to cool back down 2 days after we are scheduled to leave but thats the furtherst forecast I can find.

c0ps
02-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Although it is not my primary income. It was my 1season with an real evaporator, tubing and vacuum. Jumped from 70 taps to 450 this year. I have invested a lot in this yr but my wife is very excited about this trip. Weather looks to cool back down 2 days after we are scheduled to leave but thats the furtherst forecast I can find.

As exciting as it is to have new equipment, You can have many more seasons ahead of you if not this one. But you can never have this family vacation and enjoyment at this age ever again! Go on vacation.

adk1
02-20-2017, 08:03 PM
We had a big family vacation planned out March 1 to 12th. But with sap flowing should I go or cancel? I can't imagine that this it for maple season. Oh and I'm located just south of Montreal.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalkwhy would you ever plan a family vacation then haha

Wannabe
02-20-2017, 09:28 PM
As exciting as it is to have new equipment, You can have many more seasons ahead of you if not this one. But you can never have this family vacation and enjoyment at this age ever again! Go on vacation.

^^^^^^^^^
What c0ps said!!

motowbrowne
02-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Don't sweat it. Go on vacation. You'll get to make syrup when you get home, and you'll still have a loving family.

MISugarDaddy
02-21-2017, 05:14 AM
I agree with the others here, go on the vacation and enjoy your time with your family. Remember the saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Life". Enjoy the vacation. The trees will still be there when you get back.
Gary

canadian_diesel1964
02-21-2017, 05:31 AM
family first....with this weather who really knows..enjoy your vacation

johnallin
02-21-2017, 06:41 AM
Family is always first.
You may need them some day.
Today they need you.

Mitchhorne8
02-21-2017, 06:22 PM
I've been boiling for off and on for since I was a kid and the last 5 yrs straight. I've always boiled last week of march and early April. Boiling and Wrestlemania was always in my childhood memories, which is the 1st Sunday in April or was anyways. My kids are of for March break on the 1st, I knew it would be close (10 days or so) but not like this. I messaged a local weather guy and told me go on vacation it's looking like it will cool back down 2 says after I leave. But thanks everyone. I love this forum and the ppl in it. By the back got my 1st vacuum hook up and running today, very exciting 28" of vacuum.

Mitchhorne8
02-21-2017, 06:25 PM
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58acdaa332efa/20170221_160210_001.mp4