PDA

View Full Version : D&G Blue Mainline?

cray54
02-14-2017, 10:25 AM
I'm looking for some feedback / reviews on the Dominion & Grimm Blue Mainline. Any positive or negative feedback?

I'm about to run several thousand feet of 1" line. I like the price, but I haven't seen much information (good or bad) about their mainline. I'm open to suggestions.

bstewar
02-14-2017, 11:24 AM
I don't know much about D&G mainline but I did put up 1" MES mainline. It is grey so it shouldn't heat up like black pipe and the price is wicked good!

DrTimPerkins
02-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Mainline and tubing are typically rated for a given time period....5 yr, 10 yr, etc. Just be sure you know what you've been quoted when you compare tubing so it's an apples to apples (maple to maple?) comparison. We've had some pipeline break down after 3-5 yrs, and some still going after 12+ yrs.

cray54
02-14-2017, 01:49 PM
We've had some pipeline break down after 3-5 yrs, and some still going after 12+ yrs.

Can you share what products failed in a shorter period of time, and the ones with which you've had a positive experience?

DrTimPerkins
02-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Can you share what products failed in a shorter period of time, and the ones with which you've had a positive experience?

Sorry, but we tend not to do it that way. We'll tell you if things work better than others, but generally don't say much about those that don't meet expectations. One of the issues involved is that any company can have a bad batch, and we don't necessarily test a statistically representative sample. In addition, companies might change some variables from time to time and don't necessarily make that information public, so getting a batch one year that you like (or don't) doesn't mean you'll get the exact same thing when you go back 5-10 years later.

maplenutter butter
02-14-2017, 08:07 PM
I installed 3000' feet of there mainline last year. Im very pleased with it yet this year. I will be installing another 1500' here shortly, adding on to my bush. All I can say is that the guys that helped me install it spoke of it highly and they have worked with other mainline before in the past. Not saying others are bad, just they preferred D&G.