PDA

View Full Version : IBC tote that held vinegar

Forrest hunters
02-11-2017, 02:14 PM
I have access to some IBC totes that held vinegar in them or corn syrup. Worried the ones with vinegar will have a terrible smell and taste afterwards. I know we use vinegar to clean things up it seems an IBC that contained it may be too much.

Thoughts?

Russell Lampron
02-11-2017, 03:14 PM
If you washed it good and let it air out good it will probably be okay. I think the vinegar smell will go away with time. I you can get it for free or real cheap it would be worth trying.

Mille705
02-11-2017, 06:01 PM
I would worry about the vinegar smell also. I would try and wash as good as possible and use some baking soda to try and pull the smell out. If you can smell anything I would not use it. Just my opinion.

maple marc
02-16-2017, 09:42 PM
I use 55 gallon plastic drums to store sap. They originally held vinegar. After a thorough cleaning they never had a hint of the vinegar.

pyro
02-16-2017, 10:47 PM
It's a gamble. I have two 55 barrels which had vinegar. Neither were cleaned when I got them. One with a recent date was easy to clean. The other which had an older date (maybe 2-3 years) I could not get the smell out completely. I'm just about to use that one for short term sap transport (<8 hrs).