PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

huntingken111
02-10-2017, 01:57 PM
I bought a 3x7 stainless raised flue pan. I was going to make the syrup pan but ran out of time and my stainless welding stinks. I called Smokey lake to have them make me one. I called today and pan will probably not be here for another two weeks. Ten day weather looks real good for tapping (Middleville, MI). Without my front pan is there a way to boil by some how maybe put a plate of steel where finish pan is going to be and just boil with flue pan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also I could not tap till pan arrives. Thanks

Ed R
02-10-2017, 02:16 PM
I would wait until you had the pan. I don't see any real good sap weather that far north. We make syrup in Mid -Michigan and are not tapping for several weeks.

jcb
02-11-2017, 04:58 AM
Tap and sell the sap to help pay for the pan

maple flats
02-11-2017, 06:44 AM
I second that, find a producer who will buy the sap, Cash is best, but even on shares can help.

huntingken111
02-12-2017, 06:57 AM
Ya I think I will try. There was a man from Dorr who wanted to buy sap I looked for his number but that was in my old phone which don't work anymore. I know he is on this forum so if he sees this pm me or anyone else near Middleville.