PDA

View Full Version : Moving my 2x3 evaporator

Troutman10
02-08-2017, 11:11 AM
I'm looking to move my evaporator outside when I boil then bring it back inside my shed when I'm not boiling. What would be a good way to move it in and out as I need? I dont have firebrick cement inside it so I could potentially remove the bricks and make it easier to move. Just looking for a simpler way to manage the situation until a garage or bigger shed is built. Any help is appreciated.

lyford
02-08-2017, 11:37 AM
my 2x4 is on casters, rolls in and out of the garage as needed

Z/MAN
02-08-2017, 09:28 PM
I moved mine with a snowmobile dolly. It lifts the whole evaporator off the ground and allowed me move it wherever I wanted including across my gravel driveway and up a small ramp to my boiling location. There is a picture of the dolly with the evaporator in my photobucket. It is in the folder Homemade Evaporator. Check it out. Hopefully you either have a dolly or know someone who does. When I moved mine it was fully bricked and they were not cemented and I did not have a brick fall out.

Troutman10
02-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I was thinking casters. Just gotta find the right size to screw into the legs of my evap. Need to find another place to look besides my local lowes. A dolly might not be out of the question either.

BAP
02-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Tractor Supply carries a lot of caster wheels.

lyford
02-09-2017, 07:33 AM
got my casters at harbor freight, they had alot of choices