PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre thermometer issue

Ekrueger
02-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I have a Lapierre thermometer on my evaporator. Today I ran out of adjustment on it. I can only get to read 9 degrees at syrup. It has a welded lever on the back. I is hitting the fitting on the back. 15368Is there any other adjustments on these? I double checked my hydrometer with a digital brix meter and am correct on my readings.

Zucker Lager
02-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I have a Lapierre thermometer on my evaporator. Today I ran out of adjustment on it. I can only get to read 9 degrees at syrup. It has a welded lever on the back. I is hitting the fitting on the back. 15368Is there any other adjustments on these? I double checked my hydrometer with a digital brix meter and am correct on my readings.

Hey Ekrueger:
If its like some of the pressure gages then you can always move the needle to a new zero. It does look like the one you have has a slotted needle hub so I'm guessing you can move that? Then re adjust for setpoint. You have to remove the glass to do that I don't know if that is removable? Jay

Super Sapper
02-08-2017, 11:33 AM
If it reads 9 at syrup just draw off at 9 instead of 7. As long as you check daily to see where you at syrup you should be good. If you take it apart you may not get it back together.