PDA

View Full Version : New D&G Rig - Tips for operating

Tucker08
02-06-2017, 02:53 PM
We recently purchased a new 3X8 D&G with a front to back reversible syrup pan and raised flue back pan. I also got a factory hood and preheater. My leader rig was similar, so I don't expect too many issues with the pans. That said, this new one has an airtight arch and AOF blower. Are there any things I need to know with this rig? Anyone out there have the same setup? How often do you fire? I used to fire every 7 minutes with my old setup. some are saying i can go much longer now? Is that what you have found? Any issues with the floats? things to watch for other than...make sure you don't run out out sap...
I will be bricking it tonight and will start to get it set up in the next few days. Looking forward to it.

PARKER MAPLE
02-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Your going to love it. 3x8 was one of my favorite sizes. I have had 2 over the years. Very easy to run, and they just chug along eating up the sap. I ran 8-10% in my last one and it was just enough to keep you moving, but not pulling my hair out.
Keep us posted to how you like it.

Tucker08
02-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Your going to love it. 3x8 was one of my favorite sizes. I have had 2 over the years. Very easy to run, and they just chug along eating up the sap. I ran 8-10% in my last one and it was just enough to keep you moving, but not pulling my hair out.
Keep us posted to how you like it.

Good to hear. Will keep you posted. Did I hear you got a new D&G rig as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PARKER MAPLE
02-11-2017, 04:27 AM
Yes we did 3.5 x 10 champion.

maple flats
02-11-2017, 06:54 AM
While it's not a D&G (mine is a Thor) I have a 3x8 with AOF and AUF. When I added the AOF my fueling changed. Before it I was adding wood every 7 minutes also. With the AOF I tried every thing from 15 minutes, 12, 10 and then 9. I settled on 9 as being best. You may also want to experiment.
I use a little less wood at each fueling too. I found that only filling the firebox up to about 8" below the pans worked best, I was originally filling to about 4-5" below the pans.
You will absolutely like that rig. 3x8 with AOF is a winner.