PDA

View Full Version : Ice screens

Fireman
02-03-2017, 12:31 PM
What is everyone using for ice screens before their pumps? I dug through the archives and can't find anything. We are running a guzzler in one area, and going to try a Sureflo in another area this year. We looked at small filter traps yesterday, but the screen seems to be too fine. We thought about making a 1/8" hardware cloth screen for the filter trap. Just wanted to see what everyone else is using first. If you have pictures, I would be grateful if you shared.

Ken

littleTapper
02-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Shurflo sells a screen. 1/2 pipe thread, so you could also use one for the guzzler if that size works for you.
https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-255-213-Twist-Pipe-Strainer/dp/B000V2W0GE/

RIVERWINDS
02-03-2017, 12:39 PM
I run Shurflo's and just use the one the pump came with. End of season they slime up a bit and need more frequent cleaning. This year I found similar style filter housings through McMaster but in a larger size to give me more surface area on the screen. Also on the McMaster filter housings you can specify what size screen you want and can also get spare screens.

What is everyone using for ice screens before their pumps? I dug through the archives and can't find anything. We are running a guzzler in one area, and going to try a Sureflo in another area this year. We looked at small filter traps yesterday, but the screen seems to be too fine. We thought about making a 1/8" hardware cloth screen for the filter trap. Just wanted to see what everyone else is using first. If you have pictures, I would be grateful if you shared.

Ken

maplemas
02-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Tractor supply has inline screens in there sprayer section