PDA

View Full Version : Modulating draw off

boondocker
01-29-2017, 10:03 AM
Anyone on here using a CDL modulating auto draw off? I'm pretty sure I am going to order one tomorrow and i was wondering what people thought of them good and bad pros and cons? Thanks a bunch and hope everyone has a great LONG sweet season!!!

JoeJ
01-29-2017, 10:19 AM
I have a Belimo (D&G) modulating draw off valve and would highly recommend it. No cons to it. Once you get the target temperature for the days barometric pressure, the valve releases syrup that is 66.9% every draw. This is my second season with it and it works perfectly. Last season I wrote down each days barometric pressure once the syrup drawn was just right after checking with a hydometer at 211. Now I just look at my pressure chart and chose the correct temp for the present days pressure. However, I usually do go .2 above the setting to make sure that the first syrup out is not too light. After 2 or 3 draws, you can usually have the exact temp set

If the barometric pressure is rising or falling, you will have to adjust accordingly.

lew
01-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Love mine. No drawbacks that I can think of. The only issue I had was getting the valve adjusted properly on the drive shaft. A little fussing getting it adjusted properly and no glitches,at all