PDA

View Full Version : Another flue pipe question ?

JeffB
01-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Hi

A little bit of my story, built a new shack, installed the stove pipe and roof jack, placed arch in shack and at that point noticed the 8 inch flue pipe is a little close to the trusses and rear of arch is even closer to rear wall then flue pipe.
Moving arch forward to gain more clearance is not a option at this point.
After some research here and online i made a flue pipe heat shield that cover the rear of my stove pipe with a 1 inch air gap between pipe and shield. They say doing this i could reduce the minimum clearance to combustible material by 65 percent.

I then made another heat shield from floor to roof with a 1 inch space between wall and shield for air movement.

SO... basically i have a flue pipe with a heat shield then 4 inches behind that i have a wall heat shield running up the walls entire length with another air gap then the wooden wall.

My closest combustible material from my flue pipe is 6 inches without any shielding i plan on covering that small area of framing with arch insulation blanket.

Any thought or suggestion i can use to improve on this would be great , I really don't want a set fire to my new shack.
Cause that would be a BAD DAY !!!!!