PDA

View Full Version : Bertha build.

Gratefulmaple
01-26-2017, 10:50 AM
Metal finally showed up yesterday. Started cutting stuff last then had major issues with my band saw. Finally thought we head it straightened out and needed a new blade. Of course no one was open that had the correct size. Think I way over engineered this. Oh well 1518515186. Now has any found that their should be a minimum size for auf. Prob will start welding tomorrow after I get everything laid out.

Gratefulmaple
01-28-2017, 09:48 PM
After spending all Friday night pulling apart my plasma cutter trying to figure out why it wouldn't work spent a good portion of today on the build. Think it was a pretty productive day got almost everything cut and laid out. Need to work on the door and door hinges. 15235 hopefully I can get on it welding Monday.

Zucker Lager
01-29-2017, 10:39 AM
After spending all Friday night pulling apart my plasma cutter trying to figure out why it wouldn't work spent a good portion of today on the build. Think it was a pretty productive day got almost everything cut and laid out. Need to work on the door and door hinges. 15235 hopefully I can get on it welding Monday.

Hey Gratefulmaple:
One hint, if your making your hinges from scratch? Use hardened pins for the hinge shaft I made my hinges the first time using just hot rolled A-36 and they lasted about ten openings / closings before the pins galled. Thank goodness I made the pins replaceable so I just replaced them with hardened dowel pins. Jay

Gratefulmaple
01-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Planning on making them to have air in the door. So it will be out of 2x2 tube. Thanks for the heads up.