PDA

View Full Version : Tax Prep

DeepGibou
01-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Good day, Last year made some huge improvements to our operation including a new sugarhouse, arch etc. I am curious if anyone can provide a person who would know the in's and out's of taxes as I am looking for someone who has a good reputation. Thanks!

BAP
01-23-2017, 11:38 AM
You would probably have better luck if we knew where you were located.

DeepGibou
01-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Well that might be helpful. Can't you tell I'm new! Milton, VT and Thanks!~

DrTimPerkins
01-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Good day, Last year made some huge improvements to our operation including a new sugarhouse, arch etc. I am curious if anyone can provide a person who would know the in's and out's of taxes as I am looking for someone who has a good reputation. Thanks!

Can't help you there, but I did just hear a good tax-related joke on another forum.

I got drunk last night and decided to do my taxes. Woke up this morning and found out I was getting a $4 million refund.

Wife is an accountant...will tell her this one tonite.

Michael Greer
01-23-2017, 07:54 PM
While it might be difficult to find a tax advisor with much knowledge of the Maple business, a regular small-business advisor should be just fine. I sought out advice on getting set up in my first year, had a couple questions my second year, and have done it on my own since. Depreciation is the thing you want to know about, and just general record keeping. Once you're set up it only takes an hour to put it all on the form, and it's worth every second of your attention.