PDA

View Full Version : Diehard sugar maker

McAllister farm
01-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Yesterday I had had to get a chemotherapy treatment, so what does a diehard sugar maker do to pass the time by bring in a whole bag of supplies in to make drops with yep that's what I did!

Maple Man 85
01-18-2017, 04:38 PM
That's awesome!!! Keep pushing forward!!!

BAP
01-18-2017, 04:56 PM
That's making good use of your time. I hope everything is going well with your treatment and you are able to have a good sugar season. Good Luck

bees1st
01-19-2017, 04:26 AM
The key is your positive attitude ! I only wish I could do as well in a similar situation. Best wishes.

McAllister farm
01-19-2017, 05:16 AM
The key is your positive attitude ! I only wish I could do as well in a similar situation. Best wishes.

Thats so true! That's one thing that I have done not always been easy some days. I have not be able too do as much at the sugarbush this year as I would like too but do what my body lets me do. But we will get it done. And good luck with your situation too!

Revi
03-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Hang in there! You are an inspiration to all of us!

Sugarmaker
03-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Good luck! Working on a maple project is a good use of your time too! I wish you the best!
Regards,
Chris

McAllister farm
03-02-2017, 05:25 AM
Im on my seventh chemo treatment this week just two more to go!! Last week I had my best week was able too get up to the sugarbush just about every day to work on the main lines and had a couple of guys come and help with the tapping we still have a ways to go with the tapping, we should be pretty well tapped in by the first of next week. Sap was running good yesterday. I got the evaporator almost ready to fire up just need to give a quick rinse and hook up the new head tank, plan on firing it up this afternoon. Being up to the sugarbush is my happy place and has been a big help to me getting through this difficult time in my life battling this cancer, just getting all that fresh mountain air doses the mind and soul good! Hope you all have a great sugaring season!!

KV Sappers
03-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Being up to the sugarbush is my happy place and has been a big help to me getting through this difficult time in my life battling this cancer, just getting all that fresh mountain air doses the mind and soul good! Hope you all have a great sugaring season!!
Could not agree more. Being in the woods sure does do the mind and soul good. You are an inspiration to all of us.

heus
03-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Wow great job. Like Revi said you are an inspiration!