PDA

View Full Version : Few evaporator questions

Chris Zeger
01-17-2017, 06:12 AM
I boil on a homemade barrel stove with a 2x3 pan looking at my pan tonight and noticed the bottom is warped bad in spots does this affect the flow I have dividers in it? And I'm building a steam hood does the hood have to sit down on the pan or can I leave it suspended a few feet so I can look into the pan.

Haynes Forest Products
01-17-2017, 10:06 AM
How bad is bad 1/4 -1/2 -2" as long as the sap depth is over the humps the sap will move. Most pans over time will have slight warps.

Steam hoods can be suspended just like a hole in the roof the warm air will rise up into it. Some time tight is good but seeing what is happening is why we do it.

johnpma
01-17-2017, 10:17 AM
What material and what gauge is the pan fabricated from? Are the dividers welded along the floor of the pan?

Chris Zeger
01-17-2017, 11:04 AM
18 ga stainless and dividers are welded down

Chris Zeger
01-17-2017, 11:05 AM
And it's at worse maybe 1" is the worst warped spot the sap level will be above all of it

Haynes Forest Products
01-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Dont rule out a flat bed of sand and a food grade rubber mallet. But the problem with crinkled pans is you push on one spot and it moves the wrinkle somewhere else. Just ask my wife.

Now if you can find a good sheet metal guy there are ways to shrink metal just dont know it will stay.