PDA

View Full Version : Evaporator display close to KY

channing
01-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Hi,
I am wanting to buy an evaporator that will run about 700 taps. I have been working with a homemade 2X6 pan and about 300 taps and I do not wish to scale up using this pan. My sugaring site is off grid so RO etc. is not an option. I am wanting to get an evaporator setup that burns wood and boils about 100gph. Does anyone know of a location near Kentucky that sells sugaring supplies and has display models of their evaporation units? I am l located in eastern KY and would prefer see a larger setup before I shell out several thousand bucks. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

asknupp
01-16-2017, 12:43 PM
I believe westvirginamapler is a dealer. Not sure who he is affiliated with or where he is located but...

wiam
01-16-2017, 03:29 PM
There are ro's that are gas powered.

maple flats
01-17-2017, 07:40 AM
I have a Ray Gingerich RO 250 gph that was originally gas powered, after 2 seasons I got electric at the sugarhouse (along with 6.32 KW solar) and I converted it to electric. Ray also makes a 125 size too, that can be upgraded later to a 250 if that fits better vfor now. PM me if you want his contact info, he is Amish and is not on the web, but he does have a phone in his shop. You are likely too late for this season, but you can try.