PDA

View Full Version : Taping do it or hold on

Gone Maple
01-11-2017, 07:31 PM
Wondering if it is to early to tap. I was taped out buy the first weekend last year but we have 15 days of good weather starting Monday do I get it or let it go. I'm just thinking that is money in the bank. With the weather pattern we are having the past few years is it a good idea or not

johnpma
01-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Looks tempting but I'm waiting.......only because I'm really not quite ready but I'm a hobby guy

cfenton86
01-12-2017, 07:08 AM
I am wondering the same thing. Forecast shows 7-10 days of good weather for a run. Could make a bit of syrup in that stretch but not sure if its worth pulling the trigger yet

honeymooers
01-12-2017, 03:52 PM
I was just looking at the weather and thinking same thing. This will be my first year making syrup and im starting with 150 taps on 3/16 tubing. This 7-10 days looks tempting but not sure if its worth it in the long run so any input will be great. Cant wait to fire up the evaporator for the first time!!

Cody
01-12-2017, 04:12 PM
I was just looking at the weather and thinking same thing. This will be my first year making syrup and im starting with 150 taps on 3/16 tubing. This 7-10 days looks tempting but not sure if its worth it in the long run so any input will be great. Cant wait to fire up the evaporator for the first time!!I would say go for it,new tubing and taps,different if you was on buckets.Give you some time to get bugs worked out.