PDA

View Full Version : 2nd year

chuckwagon
01-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Hey everyone,just want to say hello,hope all had a good summer,fall,this will be my second year and hoping to tap more trees this year,just want to thank everyone again for all the help last year,looking forward to learning more this year. Good luck to all,I'm sure we will chat through out the season. Jim

Sugarmaker
01-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Jim,
Good luck with your 2017 maple season! Should be a good one! Hang on!
Regards,
Chris

barnbc76
01-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Jim, are you changing anything up for your 2nd season besides the number of taps? I only changed a few things by adding another roasting pan and turkey frier, but this year my 3rd year I just had to build build a new pan and arch. I can't wait for the season.

chuckwagon
01-07-2017, 05:29 PM
I am going to use 2 turkey pans this year,last year I used 1 with 8 taps,would like to tap alot more but finding enough time to boil is my biggest problem, I am hoping to use 15-20 taps this year and see how that goes, and probably next year I am going to have to build a little shack to boil, right now I boil over a wood fire outside. As others said this is addicting.

morningstarfarm
01-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Oh you have no idea what you got yourself into...For 25 taps you already need a bigger pan...

chuckwagon
01-08-2017, 05:01 PM
I think I know what I'm in for, but I can't help myself. Im already thinking of using a few vacation days to boil.Just have to say, hi my name is jim and I'm a mapleholic.