PDA

View Full Version : What type of pipe to run distillate through from steam away?

Bruce L
01-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Just curious for suggestions on what to use to run the distillate away from the steam away,Bruce told me that poly would not last with the temperature being around 200 degrees or more. Would abs pipe work?,but I would also like to be able to use the distillate for cleaning the pans from time to time

tcross
01-04-2017, 03:12 PM
i have copper on mine. has worked just fine!

BradWilson
03-06-2018, 02:50 PM
If you are keeping the water for cleaning, how are you storing it? So far we are using 5gal buckets but there's got to be a better way.

DrTimPerkins
03-06-2018, 03:00 PM
We put a tank immediately behind the evaporator and ran a SS pipe out to it (a few feet). Worked great.

The Lapierre evaporator we're using now has a heat loop built into it. We have it plumbed in with SS pipe running through a circulator pump to a large storage tank. In some places we use a heat-resistant Tygon hose https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/124/154/=1buu0d7 It's a bit pricy, but holds up really well and is far easier to work with than SS pipe.

BradWilson
03-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Thanks Doc. We know enough not to put it in an enclosed vessel but we need a better way. Not many submersible pumps out there that will take the heat so moving is our issue