PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 and 3/4 cam lock fittinggs

devils11217
12-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Can these fittings lock into each other and more specifically can I use them on a main line with vacuum without vacuum leaks? Or do I have to use a 3/4 inch cam lock with another 3/4 cam lock. I am looking to go 1/2 mainline cam lock into a 3/4 mainline without buy adapters.

unc23win
12-22-2016, 09:37 AM
You might be able to find a 3/4 cam that has 1/2 barbed. Try pro flow dynamics or buyfittingsonline.com there is another site direct something. You might also be able to find 1 adapter. Are you using cans because it has to be taken apart a lot? If not I wouldn't use cam locks.

devils11217
12-22-2016, 10:44 AM
I am going to use them on both ends of a shutflo pump so I can take it inside durin the off season easily. I am open to any suggestions

RIVERWINDS
12-22-2016, 11:21 AM
I would maybe shy away from camlocks as they are mostly a cast part and the ID is really necked down. You want to keep the ID as big as possible. I use a simple PVC union on my Shurflo's and I can tighten it by hand.

I know Proflow has some small camlocks that ID is bored pretty much as large as it can go. If you do go that way that's what I'd use to keep the ID as big as possible.

https://www.proflow-dynamics.com/products/homebrew-fittings/camlock-quick-disconnects/stainless-steel-camlocks-traditional-big-c.html