PDA

View Full Version : ABC News on maple syrup in VT

dhbiker1
03-24-2007, 06:05 PM
I just overheard the tv and watched a segment on ABC news about the death of sugaring in VT. It featured the brennan family in VT and according to the segment, it sounded like they said their season was over, but i don't think thats the case. Seems like its just starting for VT. The rest seemed to be about trends that would affect sugaring a long time from now.

802maple
03-25-2007, 08:18 AM
It doesn't seem over today, remember tv can chop and edit to make it sound the way they want to. This year as far as our area seems normal to me. It was the last 5 years that were abnormal, so many reactionist's in the world

Breezy Lane Sugarworks
03-25-2007, 09:09 PM
for what I've made so far, it seems to be like it's going to be an ok year. remember......VT tends to make a LOT of syrup in april too!! and the extended forcast looks like it could happen.

Pete33Vt
03-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Well the I can tell you it not over yet. Mine are just now getting going. And my uncles are about a week behind and he is only up the road 10 miles. The sugar house I took over had records on the old feed tank. Dated back to 1947 that year they first boiled on March 25th. And there were over 20 different years that they didn't boil till late March early April. My opinion is its a bunch of crap I don't see how you can loose a whole state full of maples. They are just try to get people worked up.