PDA

View Full Version : evaporator isnt level

Bobbybreach
12-18-2016, 04:44 PM
i made a oil tank evaporator and the back corner is around and inch lower than everywhere else. with the pan on top it still makes a seal cause im using 3/4'' lining between my sidewalls and pan. im also using a continuous flow pan. now does that pan have to be perfectly level in order to work properly or will I slight lean be ok?

acafro
12-18-2016, 04:54 PM
You're going to have more sap in your pan with other not level. I welded nuts to the feet of my evaporator and made adjustable feet using threaded rod and some plate steel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

maplemas
12-18-2016, 04:54 PM
You should try to get it closer... most run the pans around 1 1/2 to 2 " deep ..

acafro
12-18-2016, 04:55 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161218/51ed91d4ad550caa24f41c6a3c42d55d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

maple maniac65
12-18-2016, 07:42 PM
i made a oil tank evaporator and the back corner is around and inch lower than everywhere else. with the pan on top it still makes a seal cause im using 3/4'' lining between my sidewalls and pan. im also using a continuous flow pan. now does that pan have to be perfectly level in order to work properly or will I slight lean be ok?

Is your floor level or is your fabrication Off? Leveling the rig is easy to do with a jack on one corner, if your design is off or twisted. I am not sure what to do without picture showing the problem

Bobbybreach
12-18-2016, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=maple maniac65;314427]Is your floor level or is your fabrication Off? Leveling the rig is easy to do with a jack on one corner, if your design is off or twisted. I am not sure what to do without picture showing the problem[/QUOT

My fabrication is off. 1 corner is about an inch lower than the rest of the corners. I trying to figure out if I need to make it perfectly level in order for it to work properly.

BAP
12-19-2016, 05:14 AM
[QUOTE=maple maniac65;314427]Is your floor level or is your fabrication Off? Leveling the rig is easy to do with a jack on one corner, if your design is off or twisted. I am n ot suure what to do without picture showing the problem[/QUOT

My fabrication is off. 1 corner is about an inch lower than the rest of the corners. I trying to figure out if I need to make it perfectly level in order for it to work properly.
Yes, to work properly it needs to be level.

maple flats
12-19-2016, 07:08 AM
If it is not level, the more dense will tend to stay in the low area somewhat and you will get a tendency to scorch the pan there. You still have time, remove the pan and build up that corner the whole inch, weld something to level it. You most likely have angle iron welded in to form the top level, remove that portion and fix it now, while you still can.