PDA

View Full Version : Sap pump house

Clinkis
11-26-2016, 05:21 PM
I'm setting up a full vacuum system this year for about 230 taps. I just purchased a small milk cooler for a tank and have ordered a lappierre hobby releaser. I am also putting the finishing touches on a gas powered surge Alamo vacuum pump. So I am going to build a 8x8 pump house to put the tank and releaser in with an open walled 4x8 lean to for the vacuum pump. My question is should I insilate it? Where should a locate moisture trap? Any other suggests would be great.

unc23win
11-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Most people put their releaser in a heated shed. The more insulation the better if your heating it. You will want to plumb the moisture trap into the vacuum line between the releaser and pump.

PerryFamily
11-27-2016, 03:59 PM
My releaser, pump and tank is in a insulated building. No heat as the heat from the pump ( electric runs 24/7 during the season ) keeps it plenty warm. I actually have to crack the doors later in the season

Moser's Maple
11-27-2016, 06:23 PM
I personally like mounting the moisture trap on top of tank next to the releaser. Then if the releaser freezes up you're not dumping sap from the moisture trap on the ground.

Clinkis
11-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Good idea for moisture trap location. This unfortunately is a remote location without power so i don't plan on heating it. My pump is gas powered so it will be outside under a lean to. My concern is by insulating it will help prevent it from freezing up as quickly but if and when it does freeze its most likely going to take longer to thaw. But I am assuming if I set it up right then everything should drain on shut down and there isn't much to freeze.

Wanabe1972
11-27-2016, 06:34 PM
You also dont want to put a dairy vacuum system in the same room as your tank. When running hard or during warmer days the Surge will put oil mist in the air even with a oil reclaimer.

Clinkis
11-27-2016, 06:42 PM
You also dont want to put a dairy vacuum system in the same room as your tank. When running hard or during warmer days the Surge will put oil mist in the air even with a oil reclaimer.

Good to know. As mentioned I have plans on keeping pump outside and away from tank