PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Snowfall This Fall

johnpma
11-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Few weeks ago we had about 4" and today another 3" hope this is not a sign of what's to come

berkshires
11-21-2016, 09:17 AM
Chesterfield is pretty high elevation in the foothills, right? Looks like more precip coming between now and Thanksgiving, too.

I've heard that a warm dry summer and then a wet winter means lots of high-sugar sap. We'll see...

Cheers,

GO

DrTimPerkins
11-21-2016, 01:30 PM
I've heard that a warm dry summer and then a wet winter means lots of high-sugar sap. We'll see...

High precip and snow in October and November are positively correlated with high sap yields in the spring. "Goldilocks" winters (not too hot, not too cold) with decent snow are associated with high sugar content sap.

johnpma
11-22-2016, 06:52 PM
High precip and snow in October and November are positively correlated with high sap yields in the spring. "Goldilocks" winters (not too hot, not too cold) with decent snow are associated with high sugar content sap. High sap yields and low sugar?

johnpma
11-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Chesterfield is pretty high elevation in the foothills, right? Looks like more precip coming between now and Thanksgiving, too.

Cheers,

GO we are quite high and built on rock lol this is New England we will survive just fine lol