PDA

View Full Version : Check valve

Bricklayer
11-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Is it ok to install a check valve on the inlet port of my feed pump. i have a quick release fitting on the pump now for easy disconnect of the feed hose when washing tank out. But when I disconnect it the pump loses it prime and drains RO. I was going to put a ball valve in but would a check valve be better?

wiam
11-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Is it ok to install a check valve on the inlet port of my feed pump. i have a quick release fitting on the pump now for easy disconnect of the feed hose when washing tank out. But when I disconnect it the pump loses it prime and drains RO. I was going to put a ball valve in but would a check valve be better?

Should work. I have a pvc manifold feeding mine. I can feed permeate from multiple tanks or sap or from wash tank. Also valves so I can wash tanks while washing/rinsing ro.

Bricklayer
11-04-2016, 03:49 PM
I do intend on making some kind of manifold eventually but for this year I will be switching between tanks manually. Untill I know how I want to set it up.
I've always put check valves on the discharge side of pumps never the intake. But in this scenario it makes sense. Kinda acts as a foot valve in a way. The intake to my pump is 1" so I was planning on using a 1 1/2" check valve so it dosnt restrict flow.