PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Problem??

Pete33Vt
03-22-2007, 04:03 AM
Well its not a problem now just one of those moments I had, Got to me so much I had to post so others could get a laugh.
Got my uncles vacuum pump all mounted on a rack with the gas motor all setup, roof on it new oil in it etc. It was ready to go. Pulled it outside to run it and make sure oilers were good. Started it up and could only get 3.5" of vacuum. Thats it no more. Contacted a few people on the problem and remebered a few of the pst on here about kero and stuck vanes. We drained the oil and add kero to the pump. Ran it for a hour and still no vacuum. Pulled the end cap off the pump and vanes looked great. No sluge, everything looked good.Took a vane home with me to find a new set in the am.
I woke up out of a sound sleep at around 1:30am. GOD D---, The belts are not tight enough. Couldn't go back to sleep. Went to the shop put it all back together, tighten **** belts and bingo guage jumped right up to 18". Just goes to show you I ned some sap to boil. Starting to get frazzeled.

Go ahead and laugh!!!! I did.

Russell Lampron
03-22-2007, 06:59 AM
In the heat of the moment little things often get overlooked. I am glad it was a simple fix. Now you can pull in some sap and make some syrup.

Russ

royalmaple
03-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Pete-

Might have to switch it over to chain drive.

:-)

Pete33Vt
03-23-2007, 03:54 AM
THAT would be the way to go. No sliping there.

OH Yeah pumps running like a champ.