PDA

View Full Version : Homemade RO Build questions

Chasefamily
10-07-2016, 09:07 AM
I have searched, and came up with a few good posts on building a homemade RO. Although most of them seem to be on the smaller side of what I would be looking to build. I have pretty much no experience with any RO Systems just at the point where I either need to upgrade my evaporator, or get some sort of RO system up and going. At the moment I have about 450 taps, and would be very happy if I could get a system to process 400 +/- Gals per day. As that would take a ton of boiling time out of the equation. Does any one have any advice on what I should gather for parts or have a similar build. Or maybe let me know that I am out of my mind and might as well buy one.

What I have found with some quick research, I was wondering if I could make something up with like a DOW Filmetec TW30-4040 which is rated for 2400 GPD @225PSI. Use a procon High pressure pump, use some sort of sap pump to pump through a sap prefilter. Setup a couple pressure gauges, flow meters, and adjustment valves?
Am I even close? Thanks for your Time.

Bricklayer
10-07-2016, 02:40 PM
There is a ton of information in the Reverse Osmosis section here. Lots of build threads. I went with a 4" membrane from MES for my RO. But lots of guys use XLE 4040 membranes. I think they are very similar.
Take a look at the build threads. There is complete build lists on most of the build threads. Very informative.