PDA

View Full Version : 42" wide pan

SapSuckers
03-21-2007, 08:02 AM
As I have made mention in other post, my recent "new to me" purchase was a 42x 48 grimm lightning 4 comp syrup pan. It is in "OK" shape as the bottom is warped. Not a big deal since i will be using it simialr to how the half pint is used with no back pan, i will just have to keep it a little deeper since there are some high spots.

My question is, like the rest of you, i am already looking to go bigger. Bruce at Bascoms said it would be easy to tie a flue pan on to this one. So i bought it with the intent to add on. In my looking around however i have not seen any 42" wide pans. I see leader sells accesories for a 40". Has anyone seen or heard of a 42" wide pans or could this be considered a 40" pan but measure closer to 42"?

Thanks for the help

H. Walker
03-21-2007, 12:05 PM
In my part of Ontario a 3'6" (42") pan is more common than a 40". Now Small Brothers was big around here at one time so maybe it's a regional thing that you can't find any 42" equipment. Broaden your search a little.

ennismaple
03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I think our flue pan is 42" as well and a custom length. Call around - it shouldn't cost you any more for a custom width than their "standard" because every pan is essentially made to order.

Mark-NH
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm shocked that Bruce would talk you into buying a none standard pan;). Don't worry too much about it though as finding a flue pan to fit a warped front pan is the backwards way to go about it. Flue pans are 3x as much as a syrup pan and smaller sizes like that are much harder to come by. You'll have better luck buying a complete outfit when the time comes to upgrade.

nhmaple48
03-21-2007, 04:00 PM
As I have made mention in other post, my recent "new to me" purchase was a 42x 48 grimm lightning 4 comp syrup pan. It is in "OK" shape as the bottom is warped. Not a big deal since i will be using it simialr to how the half pint is used with no back pan, i will just have to keep it a little deeper since there are some high spots.

My question is, like the rest of you, i am already looking to go bigger. Bruce at Bascoms said it would be easy to tie a flue pan on to this one. So i bought it with the intent to add on. In my looking around however i have not seen any 42" wide pans. I see leader sells accesories for a 40". Has anyone seen or heard of a 42" wide pans or could this be considered a 40" pan but measure closer to 42"?

Thanks for the help
Grimm made a 42 inch rig, Leader + King were 40 inch.