PDA

View Full Version : The farm is sold...

highlandcattle
08-13-2016, 07:19 PM
After a long 2 1/2 years,we've sold the farm. Our health has been a real issue. We were .alone there and maintain the place was beyond us at this point. We've bought a little cape cod house with a big yard in a small nearby city. Enough to take care of. Close to a hospital our shopping and drs. Closer to family. Time for us to simplify our lives. Things happened quickly. Thought I'd be hysterical leaving after 20 years,but the heat and exhaustion left us way past that. Getting settled has been tough. So hot,we both got sick. Until the weather cools down,not much getting done outside. We have central air and seriously,its saving us. Huge adjustment to have people nearby. Very quiet old neighbor hood. Ron has 2 big garages. We're getting adjusted. Yes,will miss our farm and that life. Will still check in on the forum to see what's going on. Lots of time for open houses now. So everyone,take care and best of luck in the coming season.

mspina14
08-13-2016, 08:02 PM
After a long 2 1/2 years,we've sold the farm. Our health has been a real issue. We were .alone there and maintain the place was beyond us at this point. We've bought a little cape cod house with a big yard in a small nearby city. Enough to take care of. Close to a hospital our shopping and drs. Closer to family. Time for us to simplify our lives. Things happened quickly. Thought I'd be hysterical leaving after 20 years,but the heat and exhaustion left us way past that. Getting settled has been tough. So hot,we both got sick. Until the weather cools down,not much getting done outside. We have central air and seriously,its saving us. Huge adjustment to have people nearby. Very quiet old neighbor hood. Ron has 2 big garages. We're getting adjusted. Yes,will miss our farm and that life. Will still check in on the forum to see what's going on. Lots of time for open houses now. So everyone,take care and best of luck in the coming season.

Sorry to hear about your health problems.

Sounds like you made the right move. I'm sure it was difficult to leave a place you clearly loved.

But now your on to the next adventure.

They say change is the only constant in life. I think that's true.

Mark

mountainvan
08-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Congrats on the sale. If you really miss sugaring you can visit me anytime.

maple flats
08-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Congratulations on the sale. Sorry you found it necessary.
Joan and I enjoyed our visit we had years ago.

Jmsmithy
08-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Good luck, feel well and God Bless you both and your family...