PDA

View Full Version : size and prices?

Parker
03-19-2007, 05:14 AM
I am going to try selling some maple candy,,(I have been giving it away long enough!!)
I have a mold that has 40 small leaves in it,,I was wondering what the size (in OZ) these leaves were and what people charge for them
Also have a Heart mold that has 15 cavities in it,,size and price??

Also large leaf with 8 cavities??
Thanks

royalmaple
03-19-2007, 06:19 AM
Parker-

Were you able to get your new dark syrup to set up into candy?

mountainvan
03-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Not sure of the sizes, if no one knows make some and weigh it. I use the 1oz maple leaf and sell them by the piece for 50 cents,I know other people sell them for more. At the farmers market the candy, and price, draw in the kids and then, sometimes, their parent buys syrup.

HanginAround
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Around here, they are usually a buck for small leaves and 2 for large, but there are quite a variety of sized molds around, so better to weigh them.

Is this NB style cream you're making them with or the grainy kind? (Just curious!)

Parker
03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Royal-yes the dark made some nice candy- Hanging- its kinda a combination,,I heated it up to 249 deg then cooled as quickly as I could to 100 deg, then stired,,,its a littel hard when you bit it (compared to the good stuff) BUT its not grainey,,melts in the mouth well,,,some of the cream I made wanted to be liquid agine too much,,dont want to risk that in a store,,,any more Idea on the sizes prices??,,,Thanks,,Parker

maple flats
03-19-2007, 08:55 PM
For sizes and weights I think you should be able to go to a catalog and see what it is. Compare the number per row and read the descriptions, you should be able to get it. BUT do not sell by weight unless you actually weigh it on a certified scale, sell by the piece.

brookledge
03-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Parker
more than likely your small leafs are 1/3oz. and as was already said look in the catologs and compare your molds or better yet just weigh the pieces after your pour them.
When I box mine and wrap the boxes with my wrapping machine I charge 1.25 per ounce. If its just individual pieces in cellophane the 1.00 per ounce.
Keith