PDA

View Full Version : Forest Tent Caterpillar

GeneralStark
07-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Looks like there have been several outbreaks of Forest Tent Caterpillar in VT. I guess we will see how far it spreads.

http://fpr.vermont.gov/sites/fpr/files/Forest_and_Forestry/Forest_Health/Library/VTFPR%20Forest%20Health%20Leaflet-_Forest%20Tent%20Caterpillar_2016.pdf

tcross
07-01-2016, 02:01 PM
i think outbreak they show in Lowell is much larger than shown on the map. The north half of Lowell mountain is bare of leaves! Lots of defoliation in Albany as well! There's a few spots up here in Derby/Coventry/Newport/Holland that have some. I have a couple trees that see to have them, but not a lot! hope those don't spread... but they probably will.

DrTimPerkins
07-01-2016, 07:59 PM
i think outbreak they show in Lowell is much larger than shown on the map. The north half of Lowell mountain is bare of leaves! Lots of defoliation in Albany as well! There's a few spots up here in Derby/Coventry/Newport/Holland that have some. I have a couple trees that see to have them, but not a lot! hope those don't spread... but they probably will.

Good chunk of the south side of Owl's Head Mountain (just north of the border on the east side of Lake Memphremagog) is defoliated. Took the boat up across the border last week for a closer look. Derby is just a mile across the lake from there.