PDA

View Full Version : MES or CDL releaser extractor ?

mrnorthshore
05-25-2016, 08:03 AM
I am looking at buying a new electric releaser with the submersible pump.
I have priced out both CDL and MES and they are very close in price.
Who makes the better releaser, extractor?
Thanks

PerryFamily
05-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Although I don't currently have an electric releaser as of yet I'm hoping for a MES one for next season. There are several right around me here that have them, or one that has been retrofitted by Clayton and they all seem to love them. I think the quality is better as well as the service. I was at Bascoms the other day pricing a filter press and they were saying that since CDL has become the Wal Mart of sugaring their service has really gone down the tubes. So much they hav a problem even recommending them.

steam maker
05-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Let me guess coming from the sugaring walmart palace they think u should go leader !! Hmmmmm i wonder y ? Maybe bruces pocket mite get lined a little more seeing how hes part owner of leader!!! But i guess to each his own , personally i would buy whatever im gonna get better service on when it brakes and it sure aint gonna be bascoms coming down in the middle of nite. Cdl has never done me wrong , nor has clayton from mes !!! But hey im just a drop in the bucket compared to some and maybe im just lucky with my cdl dealer down here .

PerryFamily
05-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Yea I have no idea whom Bascom would recommend. I know we were specifically talking about CDL vs Wesfab presses. He said you used to get wesfab parts in a few days time where now it takes months. I can also tell you that although they are a fairly large shareholder of leader they have 2 MES RO units and does a fair amount of business with Clayton.

steam maker
05-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Yeah i heard that thats cool clayton makes a great product!! No doubt!!! I was just venting about bascoms is all. Didnt mean to argue. Guess my thought would be if u dont wanna recomend them then dont sell them . Or maybe instead of telling a customer not to buy there stuff maybe instead call the owner of cdl and tell him your concerns !

steam maker
05-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Yeah i was there the same day ole bruce drove over to mes and picked up a box truck load of ro prefilters ... Same ones u pay 5 or 6 bucks apiece for up there was 2.80 apiece from clayton . It is easy just to go to bascoms but if u do your research and make phone calls u can save money !!! Alrite im done good luck with the releaser purchase!😂😂😂😂😂