PDA

View Full Version : Maple Must-See's near Seneca Lake

RC Maple
04-22-2016, 07:53 AM
My wife and I will be travelling with another couple in June to the finger lakes area to take in some of the local sites and wineries. Two years ago we went together to North Carolina and did the same. I'm sure being there for just a long weekend we won't have trouble staying busy - I even have a fishing charter on Seneca Lake booked for one morning. I don't think everyone on the trip shares my level of maple addiction but was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions of a place or two that we definitely want to take in? Maybe a one of the wineries has a maple operation as well?

Bucket Head
04-22-2016, 05:02 PM
RC,

I have not been on it in a while so I don't know how they are listed, but the New York State Maple Assn. website should list producers from around that area. I think the Vermont Assn. lists theirs by county. Maybe they all do? It would be worth looking at. Enjoy the trip!

Chip Burner
04-22-2016, 05:37 PM
As the earlier post suggested go to the New York Maple Producers association site. There are several who do the open house and I am sure they welcome visitors at other times. The Arnot Forest Maple learning center near Van Etten NY is approx. 1/2 hour southeast of Watkins Glenn. I am in PA south of Elmira and know the area well.

You may want to stop in to Sprages Maple and Pancake house. It is west of the finger lakes not far from I86.

Have a great trip.

Jim

RC Maple
04-23-2016, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the ideas Bucket Head and Chip - I will check out the NYMP site and see what's there.

highlandcattle
04-24-2016, 04:54 AM
Also look up maple producers finger lake region nys. Lots of places. Have a great time. Its beautiful there. Ithica farmers market is fantastic,tons of quality products in a great setting.