PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Sap Collection Tanks in WNY

concord maple
04-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Anyone know of Amish in Conewango Valley or Dansville/Gainesville area that do stainless sap tanks? Thanks.

lyford
04-15-2016, 06:22 PM
There is a guy down three that does anything stainless, tanks, pans, etc. I knew w he is on the same road as the guy who has the big metal roofing operation. his name and the name of the road escape me, but I know my dad will know. I'll get back to ya.

concord maple
04-15-2016, 06:26 PM
Is that Conewango Valley or Dansville area where you are referring to. Thanks.

jimsudz
04-15-2016, 06:33 PM
Eli Hershberger on seagar hill rd will make you one. Last time I was there,just before maple season he had one there. It was made with a pt frame. It was a 400g range. Not sure how much.Hillside Stainless Shop 11562 Seager Hill Rd Conewango Valley,NY 14726.You could also try Meno Miller,he's on Pigeon Valley Rd. Meno actually sells some Maple Equipment,hydros,taps,tubing etc. What size are you looking for? I was thinking of building a few for myself.I would weld up the frame and have friend do ss work. It would be welded not solderd if I made it. Sorry I see your looking for collection tank, I was thinking storage tanks not gathering tanks.

concord maple
04-15-2016, 06:39 PM
Eli Hershberger on seagar hill rd will make you one. Last time I was there,just before maple season he had one there. It was made with a pt frame. It was a 400g range. Not sure how much.Hillside Stainless Shop 11562 Seager Hill Rd Conewango Valley,NY 14726.You could also try Meno Miller,he's on Pigeon Valley Rd. Meno actually sells some Maple Equipment,hydros,taps,tubing etc. What size are you looking for? I was thinking of building a few for myself.I would weld up the frame and have friend do ss work. It would be welded not solderd if I made it. Sorry I see your looking for collection tank, I was thinking storage tanks not gathering tanks.
I apologize I am looking for storage not collection..Looking in the range of 160g-200g

jimsudz
04-15-2016, 09:08 PM
If your handy make weld up a frame and have Eli insert a stainless tank, or build a wood frame.

DizzyDave2
04-15-2016, 09:26 PM
Either Eli or Meno can make these tanks for you, but be prepared to wait. They never seem to get anything done on time. Eli made us a hood. Promised for July, got it done in November and was still working on it the day we went to pick it up. Both of them solder everything. No welding.

jimsudz
04-16-2016, 06:42 AM
Either Eli or Meno can make these tanks for you, but be prepared to wait. They never seem to get anything done on time. Eli made us a hood. Promised for July, got it done in November and was still working on it the day we went to pick it up. Both of them solder everything. No welding.
So meno is following in Eli's footsteps. I've heard complaints about the wait with Eli, I havn't bought from Meno. I've never had a problem with Eli. I do have Eli making me a sugar sifter. Placed order just before sap started running, he said it be a month. I havn't recieved a letter yet. So I guess he is a little late, lucky I havn't needed it yet.