PDA

View Full Version : Delaval 78

Woodsymiles
04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
So I've taken apart this pump a lot this season trying to get it to run properly, replaced some things and rigged up a better oil feed system..... What I think has happened with this pump is whoever rebuilt it last did not put everything back in it. I found that one side of the drum was making contact with side plate and wearing and gouging. I look at other side and between the drum and bearing there is a tapered washer, the side rubbing was missing the tapered washer to keep drum away from plate. Fortunately I work in a machine shop so we made a match from other washer. At first the drum wouldn't spun once I put it all back together, but have got it now....but I am still not sure which way to face washer. So looking to see if flat side of washer faces the plate or drum. On the side that had it, the flat side of washer faces drum, outter lip facing bearing , but on the other side the flat side of washer fits nicely into plate....not sure if it really matters as long as it puts space between drum and plate...

Woodsymiles
04-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Found a diagram, looks like side opposite pulley has washer flat side against drum....but has couple parts between pulley side bearing and plate.