PDA

View Full Version : Praise for HorseBean...

Salmoneye
03-04-2004, 11:45 AM
DISCLAIMER:

I don't know the guy, and I don't have a dime in it...But...

If you want or need a roll of 'gasket material' aka 'ceramic blanket', this guy HorseBean on eBay has the best prices I have seen anywhere...

UPS just delivered my roll of 1/2 inch, and shipping from Alabama to Vermont was less than $9...

To say the least I am more than happy...I am going to set my new pan today and give a last cleaning to my tank...Probably boil water tomorrow and be sweetening the pans by Saturday...

Forecast for Saturday night is 15 degrees and 35 on Sunday...Setting up like last year when everyone paniced...My first boil was 3/10...Warmed up and got darker than heck last week of March and lots of folks paniced and stopped their season...First week of April was the only Fancy I made for the season and my last day boiling was 4/14...

Everyone take a step back...Deep breaths...Smoke em if you got em...

All hell is about to break loose...

Bring it on... :lol:

Salmoneye
03-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Proctor isn't doing spit either...

http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc/treemet1.html

MaineMapleDave
03-04-2004, 01:10 PM
And SUGARCAM (http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc/sugarcam.html) is down indefinitely :-(

I used to watch that every day during my lunch.

Well, the SUGARCAM site says "closed until 2004," but the UVM site says "idefinitely."

Sadness abounds...............

mapleman3
03-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I know, I emailed proctor to find out when it was going to run(sugarhouse cam) because I link it from my website, all they said, and this was before they put "indefinatly) was they were having problems with the service . I'm bummed I think it would have been great to tune in to

Salmoneye, your probably right, I see better weather coming, I will take the time to get more things ready!! clean up and stuff, gotta be a big run coming at some time

DougM
03-04-2004, 02:07 PM
I hope you guys have a longer stretch of good weather than we are. All we have gotten is about three good days in a row, then the temperature shoots up. Its pouring down rain now, and looks like we'll have the same thing happen again when it stops.